For our family, one of our traditional options for weekend breakfast or lunch is the Molletes. An easy, simple and delicious choice to enjoy with the whole family, a favorite meal for the little ones and even for the not so little.
Molletes are considered a distant cousin of the Italian bruschetta dish.
You definitely have to try them!
- A&A Cuisine Refried Black Beans
- Whole Baguette
- 1 cup of your favorite Cheese
- A&A Cuisine Green Creamy Salsa and/or Pico de Gallo
- Diced ham, chorizo, bacon or mushrooms.
- Place saucepan on stove and heat A&A Refried Black Beans over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until is hot and ready to serve.
- Sliced lengthwise the baguette, and make the slices partially hollowed.
- Cut each piece into 4 or 6 even sections.
- Spread the A&A Cuisine Refried Black Beans, evenly over the inside part.
- Sprinkle your favorite cheese on, and if you are feeling venturous top it with diced ham, chorizo, bacon or mushrooms.
- Transfer your slices of baguettes unto a pan
- Bake at 375* (F) for 8-10 minutes until Cheese is melted and golden.
Pair with your favorite coffee, juice or milkshake.
You can also add some A&A Cuisine Green Creamy Salsa and/or Pico de Gallo.
Time Prep: 15 – 20 min.
Servings: 4 – 6 servings